Summary of Role
- We are seeking a candidate who is primarily responsible for design, optimization and layout of photonic devices. Some optical bench work is expected.
- Optimize integrated photonic devices
- Numerical electromagnetic simulation of photonic devices
- Interact with photonic foundries to understand design environment and rules
- Layout photonic devices with common EDA, such as Cadence or Mentor Graphics
- Design optical bench experiments for device characterization
- Collaborate with electronic and algorithm engineers on research and development efforts
- PhD in electrical engineering, applied physics or material science
- Expert knowledge of electromagnetic theory
- 5+ years of experience in integrated photonics design, optimization, tape-out, and characterization
- Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation with common tools, such as Lumerical, COMSOL or Photon Design.
- Proficiency in photonic layout with Cadence or Mentor Graphics
- Proficiency in optical bench experiments with tools such as parameter analyzer, optical spectrum analyzer, laser source, etc.
- Experience in semiconductor processing is a plus