- Machine Learning Engineer
Summary of role
We are seeking a deep learning engineer for building and training application specific models based on Optical Processing Unit (OPU) accelerators.
● Design, implement, and evaluate application specific machine learning models, agents, and prototypes that maximizes the advantages of OPU accelerators
● Perform research to improve inference performance of OPU accelerators including computing speed and memory requirement.
● Highly proficient in deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Caffe, etc.
● Experience in deep learning inference products
● Understanding of the different machine learning accelerator architectures, e.g. GPU, ASIC, FPGA
● Master’s in computer science or related fields (exceptional Bachelor’s degree candidates will be considered)
● 2+ years of experience in machine learning
- Machine Learning Architect
Summary Of Role
We are seeking a System Architect for designing Optical Processing Unit (OPU) accelerator algorithms and collaborating with product developing and hardware design.
● Design, implement and evaluate software interfaces and algorithms for controlling the OPU
● Perform research to improve OPU accelerator performances in general deep learning models
● Collaborate with hardware engineers on engineering efficient low-level implementation
● Collaborate with deep learning engineers on product oriented model development
● PhD in computer science or related field, with significant publication records
● Highly proficient in varieties of deep learning frameworks, e.g. Tensorflow, Caffe, MXNet, Pytorch, etc.
● Strong background in data structures and algorithms
● Experience in low-level interfaces of machine learning frameworks
● Experience in maintaining large scale and multi-language codebases
● Understanding with real-time constraints and hardware interfaces.
● Understanding of the different machine learning accelerator architectures, e.g. GPU, ASIC, FPGA.
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design Engineer
Summary Of Role
We are seeking a digital design engineer for developing FPGA / ASIC with the purpose of integrating our high-bandwidth, low-latency nanophotonic processor into computer systems.
● Understand the overall application of the chip, proposing and developing improvements in overall design.
● Design and document one or more blocks of an ASIC, including functionality and timing.
● Implement your designs in RTL (System Verilog or other HDLs)
● Create simple test benches and debug complex logic simulations.
● Work closely with software teams on functionality, interfaces, and documentation
● Managing data stream into and out of the OPU accelerator
● Master’s degree or higher in electrical engineering.
● 4+ years of experience in FPGA/ASIC design and experience with ASIC development.
● Expert in communication protocols, e.g. PCI, PCIe, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, SCSI, I2C, AXI, DDR.
● Experience with highly pipelined designs and with multiple clock domain designs.
● Experience with computer arithmetic and performance modeling.
● Knowledge of processor design, accelerators, and/or memory hierarchies; knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
● Programming languages: HDL coding, FPGA tools, Simulation tools, Timing analysis.
● Familiarity with advanced verification techniques such as coverage driven testing, assertions, and formal verification.
● Operating general lab equipment including DMM, oscilloscope, logic, bus analyzers, device programmers.
- Optical Engineer
Summary Of Role
We are seeking a candidate who is primarily responsible for optical characterization,including experiment design, execution, and data analysis.
● Conduct optical bench experiments for device characterization
● Manage optical laboratory and equipment
● Collaborate with photonic designers in the development
● Collaborate with electronic and algorithm engineers on research and development efforts
● Advanced degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, or material science (exceptional Bachelor’s degree candidates will be considered)
● Experience in optical bench experiments with tools such as parameter analyzer, optical spectrum analyzer, laser source, etc.
● Knowledge of electromagnetic theory
● Experience in integrated optical devices design and tape-out is a plus
- Photonic Design Engineer
Summary Of Role
We are seeking a candidate who is primarily responsible for design, optimization and layout of photonic devices. Some optical bench work is expected. .
● Optimize integrated photonic devices
● Numerical electromagnetic simulation of photonic devices
●Interact with photonic foundries to understand design environment and rules.
● Layout photonic devices with common EDA, such as Cadence or Mentor Graphics.
● Design optical bench experiments for device characterization.
● Collaborate with electronic and algorithm engineers on research and development efforts.
● PhD in electrical engineering, applied physics or material science.
● Expert knowledge of electromagnetic theory.
● 5+ years of experience in integrated photonics design, optimization, tape-out, and characterization.
● Proficiency in electromagnetic simulation with common tools, such as Lumerical, COMSOL or Photon Design.
● Proficiency in photonic layout with Cadence or Mentor Graphics.
● Proficiency in optical bench experiments with tools such as parameter analyzer, optical spectrum analyzer, laser source, etc.
● Experience in semiconductor processing is a plus.
- Operation Associate
Summary Of Role
We are seeking a proactive, organized professional who wants to push his or her career at a fast-growing venture-backed technology company. This is an opportunity to get in early at a promising startup, be mentored by experienced entrepreneurs, and grow one’s professional skillset. .
● Ensure all financial, team, and operational processes operate effectively and promote Company’s focus of fast-paced technological development
● Manage all office administration to ensure team is productive, organized, and efficient
●Contribute to office build-out and design (one-time, summer 2018)
●Administer general bookkeeping and financial reporting
● Coordinate recruiting and hiring efforts
● Manage vendor relationships
● Bachelor’s degree
● 2+ years of professional experience
● Hyper organized, accountable, and quick learner
● Proactive mentality with ability to work with limited supervision and invent solutions; comfortable employing new technology
● Desire to work at a technology company and collaborate with scientists and engineers
● Excellent communication skills
- Hardware Systems Design Architect
Summary Of Role
We are seeking hardware systems design lead for architecting and designing integrated analog circuits, digital circuits, and photonic integrated circuits on our printed circuit board product.
● Lead design and develop system architecture and system design, including documentation
● Generate hardware and hardware / software interface specifications from product design requirements
●Lead hardware and integrated circuit design reviews, code reviews, unit testing and system integration.
●Collaborate with other design engineers in hardware system and perform overall system validation before release
● Collaborate with design engineers in system bring-ups, design validation, system performance characterization, and optimization
● Be accountable for PCB outline and layer setup, component placement and signal routing
● Master’s degree or higher in electrical engineering, preferably with 5 years or more of experience
● Experience in embedded systems design and programming languages such as C, C++ and Python
● Experience in analog and digital electronic circuits design, prototyping, board bring-ups and debugging
● Experience with various lab equipment, such as SMUs, DSO/MSO, logic analyzers, etc.
● Experience working cross-disciplinary and developing systems with multi-disciplinary threads
● Experienced with state of the art PCB design tools and methodology
● Experience with Cadence and Allegro tools
● Proficient with high-speed board designs and layouts; familiar with high density ball-grid array's (BGA), blind and buried vias
- FPGA Design Engineer
Summary Of Role
We are seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer.
● Perform product design and prototyping utilizing FPGA devices and Micro Controllers (MCUs)
● Implement design ideas and concepts, including FPGA design (RTL coding, simulation, debug and system test) and Firmware Design (MCUs and DSPs)
● Develop detailed test plans suitable for verification of design robustness
●Organize, structure and deliver design documentation packages to document control system
● Conduct design reviews
● MS or PhD in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering with 5 years of relevant work or research experience
● Proficient in operating the simulation and modeling equipment including the designing tools
● Expertise in the typical FPGA improvement platforms such as Actel Xilinx, Altera, etc.
● Knowledgeable about the high speed DSP and I/O and integrated CPU
● Execute the chip enhancement procedures including the procedures related to synthesis and time investigation